Monday, May 18, 2015

Edith's Baked Beans


Summer time is right around the corner and if you are looking for a new favorite recipe to take to cookouts and backyard parties, this just might be the thing you are looking for.  Everyone loves baked beans and these beans are so delicious and easy to put together.  Large meaty butter beans, bacon and kielbasa in a rich homemade sauce.  A great change from your usual baked beans made from small navy or great northern beans.

This recipe came from my grandmother's friend Edith.  I knew her when I was a small girl but my family has been enjoying this recipe since before I was born.  Try this recipe for a potluck or just with your family.  I know you will enjoy it :)



Ingredients:
3 (14 oz) cans butter beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 pound bacon, sliced, fried and drained
1 large onion, large dice
1 green bell pepper, large dice
1 jalapeno seeded and finely diced
1 (14 oz) can stewed tomatoes
3/4 cup ketchup
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 lb keilbasa sliced into 1/4 inch rounds

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little corner of the web. I love to share things I make and ideas I have. I hope you enjoy!